Buying and Selling Your Residential Property
We understand that buying or selling a home is one of life’s most stressful events.
So when it comes to choosing a Solicitor, don’t settle for a second rate service! We are delighted to announce that we were recently ranked as the Best Conveyancing Firm in Devon & Cornwall at The ESTAS Conveyancing Award Ceremony – please read further details here.
We can help you with:
- Purchase and sale of houses and flats
- Preparation of Leases and Tenancy Agreements
- Transfer of Equity
- Lease extensions
Conveyancing – perhaps more than any other area of Law – needs regular contact between client, Lawyer and Estate Agent to minimise delay and ease your move.
At Thompson and Jackson, one of Plymouth’s longest established firm’s of Solicitors, we pride ourselves on being approachable. You can contact us by telephone, fax or email. We provide:
- Free first discussion. Either in the office or on the telephone to answer any questions and get you off to the right start.
- Clear Honest Charges. We aim to provide a quality service for a highly competitive fee. We do not charge hidden extras. If unexpected additional work is required we will explain its nature and cost before proceeding. Beware of firms who give seductive estimates only to find that the bill you end up paying bears no resemblance to that original estimate!!
- Experience that counts. Our Plymouth Lawyers are highly trained, possess a wealth of knowledge and purely specialise in property law. Supported by equally dedicated secretaries they are committed to making your move as speedy and painless as possible. We are in a position to advise on which Estate Agents to use, on Surveyors and Damp and Timber Specialist, Gas and Electrical contractors etc.
- Excellent Communication. We understand the importance of clear communication throughout the Conveyancing process. It is for this reason that the Department is structured in such a way that the same person will generally handle your transaction from beginning to end. We will update you, in CLEAR ENGLISH, on a regular basis. We will return your telephone calls and will meet you for a face to face meeting when required. We use the latest “on line” electronic communication with the land Registry and search providers to speed up the Conveyancing process. We are members of the FASTMOVE group of Conveyancing firms designed to speed up the Conveyancing process.
- Free Deeds Holding Service. We can, at no cost, store your deeds, Wills and other important title and property documents in a secure location. This is one of many extra services we provide.
- Beware the ‘cut price Conveyancer’. You may be tempted to use “cut price conveyancers” to handle your move. Before you do so please read the testimonial from one of our clients printed overleaf. Very often these call centre based operations are based at the far end of the country. They employ teams of so called “paralegals” with limited experience with one person with legal qualifications in charge of such a “team”. Ask yourself some questions:
- Do they have local knowledge? If not am I going to be charged for unnecessary searches?
- Are they available for face to face meetings?
- Is the “case handler” dealing with you qualified in any way?
- Will they return your telephone calls?
- What hidden extras are there?
- Our Overall Aim – is to build a rapport with you during the course of your transaction; to make you feel that you are treated like a client not a file number; to ensure that you are fully aware of what is going on at every stage of the process and to make you feel that you have been given a quality, value for money service that you will recommend to others.
We are local, experienced and dedicated to make your move pain free. Making the wrong choice could cost you time, money and stress! Make the right choice and contact us now.